For the last so many decades, we’ve been using ICD-9. ICD-9, which stands for International Classification of Diseases, 9th edition is the system of codes used to classify every disease and medical condition. It contained 14,000 diagnosis codes and 4,000 procedural codes which sufficed us for over a couple of decades. But the world of […]
Archive | ICD-9 RSS feed for this section
From patient accounting systems to sticky notes and “cheat sheets” posted in exam rooms, ICD-9 codes permeate the health care environment, translating the information in medical records to numbers on claim forms and ensuring that providers get paid for the care they give. But all those old codes have to be rooted out and replaced […]
One question we are asked a lot is “what are the approved manuals for the medical coding CPC exam from AAPC?” The most surprising “non change” is there is no ICD-10 component required on the 2014 CPC certification test. With ICD-10 being implemented in Oct 2014 you would think this would be a requirement but […]
Are you preparing for the medical coding CPC exam? If so, the best way to prepare is with CPC exam practice questions. You can get free questions at Medical Coding Pro. In this video you’ll learn what is important for you to know to pass the CPC exam. It includes tips and trick to pass […]
If you are a new coder looking to get your certification in 2014 take a deep breath! AAPC is not requiring you to be tested on ICD-10. ICD-9 is what is currently being tested for certification and the exam is still 150 questions and you still have 5 hours and forty minutes to complete it. […]
Remember the new, uber-complicated system of medical codes coming soon? You know, the ones that will tell your insurance company whether this was the first, second or third time your pet parrot bit you? This is referring to the dramatic change in how doctors and hospitals code procedures to get proper insurance reimbursements. The American […]
While the changes in ICD-10 has more to offer but the challenges that exists are worth the effort. The providers and the coders too will need to comprehend the new set of codes in ICD-10, and this demands education about their practices’ coding systems. But ultimately the benefit outweighs the damage the shift will cause, […]
In the past six months, hospitals have considerably increased their internal training efforts in preparation for the transition to ICD-10, according to a survey conducted by the consulting firm Health Revenue Assurance Associates. The transition from the ICD-9 code sets used to report medical diagnoses and inpatient procedures to ICD-10 is required for everyone covered […]
BuildYourEMR today announces the availability of SmartSheet10™ as a standalone solution. SmartSheet10 is an ICD-10 toolkit that provides a unique way for healthcare providers to convert their ICD-9 codes cheat sheets to ICD-10 SmartSheets. SmartSheet10’s patent pending SmartSelect™ feature enables providers to find the most detailed ICD-10 code (necessary to get paid) in SmartSheets within […]
Are you a professional medical coder? Then you have an important job, because your careful coding is vital for proper diagnoses, to monitor the health of the general population, accurate reimbursement, the smooth operation of facilities that provide medical care and more. That’s why a firm understanding and comprehensive training for the ICD-10 transition will […]
- ICD-10 and DSM-5: The Language and Coding Conundrums July 29, 2014
- Unintended Benefit of ICD-10 Delay: Faster Innovations? August 12, 2014
- Workers Testify That Hospital Interfered In Medical Billing July 22, 2014
- AAFP, Others Push Back on Proposed Changes in CPT Code Valuation Process August 20, 2014
- How To Get Started With ICD-10 Testing September 2, 2014
- Leveraging The Clinical Data Warehouse For Accountable Care October 8, 2014
- Seven Steps for Helping Physicians Get Ready for ICD-10 October 7, 2014
- 5 Quick Tips For ICD-10 Compliance October 6, 2014
- 6 Questions You Should Ask Before Paying Any Medical Bill September 30, 2014
- Pharma Pushes CMS for Transparency on Sunshine Database September 29, 2014
- Leveraging The Clinical Data Warehouse For Accountable Care | scrubs and suits: […] post Leveraging The Clinical Data Wareho...
- Seven Steps for Helping Physicians Get Ready for ICD-10 | scrubs and suits: […] post Seven Steps for Helping Physicians ...
- 6 Questions You Should Ask Before Paying Any Medical Bill | scrubs and suits: […] post 6 Questions You Should Ask Before P...
- New ICD-10 Coding System May Cloud Hospital Safety | scrubs and suits: […] post New ICD-10 Coding System May Cloud ...
- New ICD-10 Coding System May Cloud Hospital Safety - MedicalCodingNews.Org: […] example, a hemorrhage coded in ICD-9 may...