For the last so many decades, we’ve been using ICD-9. ICD-9, which stands for International Classification of Diseases, 9th edition is the system of codes used to classify every disease and medical condition. It contained 14,000 diagnosis codes and 4,000 procedural codes which sufficed us for over a couple of decades. But the world of […]
Archive | ICD-9 RSS feed for this section
From patient accounting systems to sticky notes and “cheat sheets” posted in exam rooms, ICD-9 codes permeate the health care environment, translating the information in medical records to numbers on claim forms and ensuring that providers get paid for the care they give. But all those old codes have to be rooted out and replaced […]
One question we are asked a lot is “what are the approved manuals for the medical coding CPC exam from AAPC?” The most surprising “non change” is there is no ICD-10 component required on the 2014 CPC certification test. With ICD-10 being implemented in Oct 2014 you would think this would be a requirement but […]
Are you preparing for the medical coding CPC exam? If so, the best way to prepare is with CPC exam practice questions. You can get free questions at Medical Coding Pro. In this video you’ll learn what is important for you to know to pass the CPC exam. It includes tips and trick to pass […]
If you are a new coder looking to get your certification in 2014 take a deep breath! AAPC is not requiring you to be tested on ICD-10. ICD-9 is what is currently being tested for certification and the exam is still 150 questions and you still have 5 hours and forty minutes to complete it. […]
Remember the new, uber-complicated system of medical codes coming soon? You know, the ones that will tell your insurance company whether this was the first, second or third time your pet parrot bit you? This is referring to the dramatic change in how doctors and hospitals code procedures to get proper insurance reimbursements. The American […]
While the changes in ICD-10 has more to offer but the challenges that exists are worth the effort. The providers and the coders too will need to comprehend the new set of codes in ICD-10, and this demands education about their practices’ coding systems. But ultimately the benefit outweighs the damage the shift will cause, […]
In the past six months, hospitals have considerably increased their internal training efforts in preparation for the transition to ICD-10, according to a survey conducted by the consulting firm Health Revenue Assurance Associates. The transition from the ICD-9 code sets used to report medical diagnoses and inpatient procedures to ICD-10 is required for everyone covered […]
BuildYourEMR today announces the availability of SmartSheet10™ as a standalone solution. SmartSheet10 is an ICD-10 toolkit that provides a unique way for healthcare providers to convert their ICD-9 codes cheat sheets to ICD-10 SmartSheets. SmartSheet10’s patent pending SmartSelect™ feature enables providers to find the most detailed ICD-10 code (necessary to get paid) in SmartSheets within […]
Are you a professional medical coder? Then you have an important job, because your careful coding is vital for proper diagnoses, to monitor the health of the general population, accurate reimbursement, the smooth operation of facilities that provide medical care and more. That’s why a firm understanding and comprehensive training for the ICD-10 transition will […]
- ICD-10 Is Ready To Serve October 31, 2014
- 5 Steps To Address The Coding Talent Shortage In 2015 November 13, 2014
- Managing Denials After ICD-10 November 14, 2014
- 100 Tips for ICD-10-PCS Coding: Tips 1-10 November 7, 2014
- CMS to Feature ICD-10 Codes on its CMS-2728 End Stage Renal Disease Patient Registration Form November 4, 2014
- Top 10 Government Health IT stories of 2014 December 23, 2014
- CMS Announces Important ICD-10 Testing Dates December 22, 2014
- 5 Project Management Keys To ICD-10 Planning December 18, 2014
- ICD-10 Testing: Why Test – and Why Test Right Now? December 17, 2014
- Consortium Working to Help Small Businesses Transition to ICD-10 November 25, 2014
- Managing Denials After ICD-10 | scrubs and suits: […] post Managing Denials After ICD-10 appea...
- 5 Steps To Address The Coding Talent Shortage In 2015 | scrubs and suits: […] post 5 Steps To Address The Coding Talen...
- 100 Tips for ICD-10-PCS Coding: Tips 1-10 | scrubs and suits: […] post 100 Tips for ICD-10-PCS Coding: Tip...
- CMS to Feature ICD-10 Codes on its CMS-2728 End Stage Renal Disease Patient Registration Form | scrubs and suits: […] post CMS to Feature ICD-10 Codes on its ...
- CMS Update Policies, Payment Rates for Dialysis Facilities for 2015 | scrubs and suits: […] post CMS Update Policies, Payment Rates ...