Ambulatory surgery center reimbursement is based on CPT codes, but this does not mean ASC leaders are exempt from ICD-10 preparation. Four billing and coding experts explain how ICD-10 could affect ASCs and how to minimize the risk of related claims denials. How can ICD-10 impact ASCs? Keith O. Tobin, vice president of sales and […]
Tag Archives | ASC
Lolita Jones, RHIA, CSS, independent coding and billing consultant, discusses five ways ICD-10 will affect “front office” processes in an ambulatory surgery center. This article is the second installation in a four-part series. Read Ms. Jones’ thoughts on six initial ICD-10 preparation steps here. 1. Physician credentialing. Ms. Jones says ICD-10 may affect the way ASCs […]
Double check POS 11 shouldn’t be 22 — or 24.
Entering your place-of-service (POS) number on your claim form may seem routine, but a recent OIG audit found that practices are not giving POS numbers the care they deserve.
Based on a r…
We’ve got the link to a nifty ICD-9 to ICD-10 code translator.
Maybe I’m getting old, but I just can’t believe we’re about to ring in the second decade of the 21st century. It seems like just yesterday I was toasting the new millennium and breathing a sigh of relief that “Y2K” wasn’t the big catastrophe [...]
Here’s a quick, handy way to get to all of Medicare’s new rules and reimbursement rates
Ambulatory surgery center coders have a lot to learn for 2010, stressed Joanne Schade-Boyce at the ASC 2010 Coding & Reimbursement Update in Orlando.
It’s absolutely essential that ASC coders study the AMA’s CPT Changes this year, Schade-Boyce recommended. Why? [...]
- Coder’s Anatomy: ‘Dorsal’Da Dum. Da Dum. DaDumDaDumDaDum. If you can’t always remember…
- A Coder’s Guide to Health Care ReformQuick way to show your practice you’re prepared for the…
- Op Note Decoder Ring: Red Flags for Multiple ProceduresNever rely on an op note’s “procedure performed” line for…
- Unintended Benefit of ICD-10 Delay: Faster Innovations? August 12, 2014
- Transition to ICD-10 Convoluted for 1 in 4 Pediatric Codes June 30, 2014
- ICD-10 and DSM-5: The Language and Coding Conundrums July 29, 2014
- ICD-10 Myths Part 2: Coding Specificity July 8, 2014
- Five Coder Training Tips to Take Advantage of the ICD-10 Delay June 24, 2014
- New ICD-10 Coding System May Cloud Hospital Safety September 17, 2014
- Start Introducing ICD-10 to Your Medical Staff Now September 15, 2014
- Physicians May Soon Be Paid For End-of-Life Discussions September 11, 2014
- A Guide to Negotiating Medical Bills September 10, 2014
- Auditing Modifiers September 9, 2014
- A Guide to Negotiating Medical Bills | scrubs and suits: […] post A Guide to Negotiating Medical Bill...
- Will Your ICD-10 Claims Be Accepted? CMS Designates Testing Weeks | scrubs and suits: […] post Will Your ICD-10 Claims Be Accepted...
- ICD-10 Coding For Pregnancy Complications | scrubs and suits: […] post ICD-10 Coding For Pregnancy Complic...
- The Role of Claims Data in HealthIT: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly | scrubs and suits: […] post The Role of Claims Data in HealthIT...
- AAFP, Others Push Back on Proposed Changes in CPT Code Valuation Process | scrubs and suits: […] post AAFP, Others Push Back on Proposed ...