Ambulatory surgery center reimbursement is based on CPT codes, but this does not mean ASC leaders are exempt from ICD-10 preparation. Four billing and coding experts explain how ICD-10 could affect ASCs and how to minimize the risk of related claims denials. How can ICD-10 impact ASCs? Keith O. Tobin, vice president of sales and […]
Tag Archives | ASC
Lolita Jones, RHIA, CSS, independent coding and billing consultant, discusses five ways ICD-10 will affect “front office” processes in an ambulatory surgery center. This article is the second installation in a four-part series. Read Ms. Jones’ thoughts on six initial ICD-10 preparation steps here. 1. Physician credentialing. Ms. Jones says ICD-10 may affect the way ASCs […]
Double check POS 11 shouldn’t be 22 — or 24.
Entering your place-of-service (POS) number on your claim form may seem routine, but a recent OIG audit found that practices are not giving POS numbers the care they deserve.
Based on a r…
We’ve got the link to a nifty ICD-9 to ICD-10 code translator.
Maybe I’m getting old, but I just can’t believe we’re about to ring in the second decade of the 21st century. It seems like just yesterday I was toasting the new millennium and breathing a sigh of relief that “Y2K” wasn’t the big catastrophe […]
Here’s a quick, handy way to get to all of Medicare’s new rules and reimbursement rates
Ambulatory surgery center coders have a lot to learn for 2010, stressed Joanne Schade-Boyce at the ASC 2010 Coding & Reimbursement Update in Orlando.
It’s absolutely essential that ASC coders study the AMA’s CPT Changes this year, Schade-Boyce recommended. Why? […]
- Coder’s Anatomy: ‘Dorsal’Da Dum. Da Dum. DaDumDaDumDaDum. If you can’t always remember…
- A Coder’s Guide to Health Care ReformQuick way to show your practice you’re prepared for the…
- Op Note Decoder Ring: Red Flags for Multiple ProceduresNever rely on an op note’s “procedure performed” line for…
- CMS Update Policies, Payment Rates for Dialysis Facilities for 2015 November 3, 2014
- Managing Denials After ICD-10 November 14, 2014
- 5 Steps To Address The Coding Talent Shortage In 2015 November 13, 2014
- 100 Tips for ICD-10-PCS Coding: Tips 1-10 November 7, 2014
- CMS to Feature ICD-10 Codes on its CMS-2728 End Stage Renal Disease Patient Registration Form November 4, 2014
- Top 10 Government Health IT stories of 2014 December 23, 2014
- CMS Announces Important ICD-10 Testing Dates December 22, 2014
- 5 Project Management Keys To ICD-10 Planning December 18, 2014
- ICD-10 Testing: Why Test – and Why Test Right Now? December 17, 2014
- Consortium Working to Help Small Businesses Transition to ICD-10 November 25, 2014
- Managing Denials After ICD-10 | scrubs and suits: […] post Managing Denials After ICD-10 appea...
- 5 Steps To Address The Coding Talent Shortage In 2015 | scrubs and suits: […] post 5 Steps To Address The Coding Talen...
- 100 Tips for ICD-10-PCS Coding: Tips 1-10 | scrubs and suits: […] post 100 Tips for ICD-10-PCS Coding: Tip...
- CMS to Feature ICD-10 Codes on its CMS-2728 End Stage Renal Disease Patient Registration Form | scrubs and suits: […] post CMS to Feature ICD-10 Codes on its ...
- CMS Update Policies, Payment Rates for Dialysis Facilities for 2015 | scrubs and suits: […] post CMS Update Policies, Payment Rates ...