As hospitals prepare to transition from ICD-9 to ICD-10 coding by October 2015, computer-assisted coding (CAC) tools will become increasingly important.
Tag Archives | ICD-10
A year ahead of the Oct. 1, 2015, compliance deadline for implementing the ICD-10 code set, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has announced three weeks that will be dedicated to helping physicians test whether their claims will be accepted in the Medicare claims processing system. While you should be able to begin […]
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ initial testing of updated medical diagnosis codes that will be required at health care payers and providers next year proved to be successful, according to Niall Brennan, the acting director of CMS Offices of Enterprise Management. The updated codes, ICD-10, replace ICD-9 to bring the U.S. up to […]
A delay in requiring all providers of medical care to use a new health-records and billing system to describe treatments is giving small medical offices major headaches. Billing is a big task for small medical practices. It takes time away from patient care and requires extra staff. A federal mandate requiring doctors to adopt a […]
Providers, payers and claims clearinghouses can look for no relief from the looming, Oct. 1 compliance deadline for the nationwide conversion to the ICD-10 family of diagnostic and procedural codes, the head of the CMS said Thursday. But some case-by-case exemptions will be made for providers having a tough time meeting their Stage 2 meaningful-use […]
A new resource is available for small practices as they prepare to switch to the ICD-10 coding system. Officials from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) launched a new website – Road to ICD-10 – to provide a central source of basic information as well as a place to start transitioning to the […]
With the transition to ICD-10 fast approaching, many want to know if they need to know ICD-9 and ICD-10. The short answer is yes. ICD-9 is not going away completely and for you to have a complete understanding of ICD-10 it is best to know ICD-9 too. Where Should I Begin? There are three important […]
From patient accounting systems to sticky notes and “cheat sheets” posted in exam rooms, ICD-9 codes permeate the health care environment, translating the information in medical records to numbers on claim forms and ensuring that providers get paid for the care they give. But all those old codes have to be rooted out and replaced […]
Mark your calendars — the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) announced it will conduct front-end testing of ICD-10 billing code submission between Medicare Administrative Contractors (MACs) and providers. That means CMS will be testing how well the system works from the provider’s side — that is, how easily and accurately providers can submit […]
In 2011, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles did what many providers were hesitant to do: It decided to tackle ICD-10 as an inevitable change and began its work to transition to the new system. By contrast, only about 20 percent of providers believe they will complete or expect to complete all ICD-10 business changes […]
- Unintended Benefit of ICD-10 Delay: Faster Innovations? August 12, 2014
- ICD-10 Training: Tailored to the Learner’s Sub-specialty and Practice Setting August 5, 2014
- The Role of Claims Data in HealthIT: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly September 3, 2014
- ICD-10 Coding For Pregnancy Complications September 4, 2014
- Will Your ICD-10 Claims Be Accepted? CMS Designates Testing Weeks September 8, 2014
- ICD-10 Is Ready To Serve October 31, 2014
- Examining the Basics of the Health Care Revenue Cycle October 29, 2014
- ICD-10: Not One But Two Deadlines Coming in 2015 October 28, 2014
- How and Where to Look Up CPT Codes for Free October 27, 2014
- A Look At The Most Common Medical Bill Coding Errors October 24, 2014
- Leveraging The Clinical Data Warehouse For Accountable Care | scrubs and suits: […] post Leveraging The Clinical Data Wareho...
- Seven Steps for Helping Physicians Get Ready for ICD-10 | scrubs and suits: […] post Seven Steps for Helping Physicians ...
- 6 Questions You Should Ask Before Paying Any Medical Bill | scrubs and suits: […] post 6 Questions You Should Ask Before P...
- New ICD-10 Coding System May Cloud Hospital Safety | scrubs and suits: […] post New ICD-10 Coding System May Cloud ...
- New ICD-10 Coding System May Cloud Hospital Safety - MedicalCodingNews.Org: […] example, a hemorrhage coded in ICD-9 may...