Question: Our cardiology practice employs a non-physicián practitioner (NPP) who performs a lot of E/M services for our patients, and that NPP received a bonus payment as part of the Primary Care Incentive Payment Program, which surprised us. We wan…
Tag Archives | Nursing Facility
Double check POS 11 shouldn’t be 22 — or 24.
Entering your place-of-service (POS) number on your claim form may seem routine, but a recent OIG audit found that practices are not giving POS numbers the care they deserve.
Based on a r…
87 percent error rate leads to drastic measures.
If you think CMS is only watching your E/M codes when it comes to the office or hospital, think again. One MAC recently reviewed nursing facility care claims and was stunned at the findings.
NGS Medicare, a Part B payer in four states, announced on Jan. 26 that it [...]
- The Truth About Self-AuditsAnd one crucial step you should never miss. How many…
- E/M Challenge: Can I Report 99214 and +99354?Counseling representing more than 50 percent of E/M visit? Choose…
- CMS Will Offer New Modifier to Denote Admitting Physician on ClaimsPop the champagne cork & get ready for brand new…
Pop the champagne cork & get ready for brand new inpatient coding rules.
With the changes to consult coding in 2010, it will be more important than ever to report hospital visits properly.
In the past, only the admitting physician reported initial hospital care codes (99221- 99223), and specialists who saw the patient separately often billed inpatient [...]
- Answers To Your Hospital Admission, Subsequent Care Coding Questions Revenue Booster: Here’s when you can claim a consult…
- Medicare Changes to 2010 CPT Inpatient Consultation Codes Prevent 99251-99245 denials in 2010 with this checklist. Multiple…
- Proposed 2010 Physician Fee Schedule: A Closer Look21.5 percent cut looms for your services Last week, Coding…
- Making Sense of the Uproar Over Medical Coding April 24, 2014
- ICD-10 and DSM-5: A Unique Teaching Curriculum April 23, 2014
- Payers Respond to ICD-10 Delay April 22, 2014
- ICD-10 Delay: What’s Next For Healthcare Organizations? April 21, 2014
- HRAA Responds to ICD-10 Delay April 11, 2014
- ICD-10 Will Affect All Specialties, Some More Than Others February 10, 2014
- House Approves Legislation – ICD-10 Might Be Delayed Again March 28, 2014
- ICD-10 Training: Start Early, Practice Often March 13, 2014
- ICD-10 Cheat Sheet for Physical and Occupational Therapy March 5, 2014
- Updated 2014 ICD-10 Implementation Costs Summary February 17, 2014
- Unfair to delay ICD 10: My daughter has been going to college for years t...
- ICD-10: This just isn\'t how the deal should go down | MedicalCodingNews.Org: […] you’re on that chair edge hoping Presi...
- ICD-10: This just isn’t how the deal should go down | scrubs and suits: […] you’re on that chair edge hoping Presi...
- House Approves Legislation – ICD-10 Might Be Delayed Again | scrubs and suits: […] According to the Washington Post, last m...
- House Approves Legislation - ICD-10 Might Be Delayed Again | MedicalCodingNews.Org: […] According to the Washington Post, last m...
- Unfair to delay ICD 10 on Date of ICD-10 Switch Still Uncertain
- ICD-10: This just isn't how the deal should go down | MedicalCodingNews.Org on House Approves Legislation – ICD-10 Might Be Delayed Again
- ICD-10: This just isn’t how the deal should go down | scrubs and suits on House Approves Legislation – ICD-10 Might Be Delayed Again
- House Approves Legislation – ICD-10 Might Be Delayed Again | scrubs and suits on ICD-10 Training: Start Early, Practice Often
- House Approves Legislation - ICD-10 Might Be Delayed Again | MedicalCodingNews.Org on ICD-10 Training: Start Early, Practice Often
- April 2014 (11)
- March 2014 (18)
- February 2014 (15)
- January 2014 (14)
- December 2013 (7)
- November 2013 (6)
- October 2013 (18)
- September 2013 (16)
- August 2013 (18)
- July 2013 (9)
- June 2013 (10)
- May 2013 (13)
- April 2013 (20)
- September 2012 (5)
- July 2012 (1)
- June 2012 (2)
- May 2012 (2)
- April 2012 (4)
- October 2011 (9)
- July 2011 (17)
- June 2011 (23)
- May 2011 (15)
- April 2011 (13)
- March 2011 (23)
- February 2011 (21)
- January 2011 (19)
- December 2010 (17)
- November 2010 (20)
- October 2010 (13)
- September 2010 (11)
- August 2010 (16)
- June 2010 (24)
- May 2010 (33)
- April 2010 (35)
- March 2010 (34)
- February 2010 (35)
- January 2010 (36)
- December 2009 (25)
- November 2009 (40)
- October 2009 (49)
- August 2009 (1)
- December 1969 (1)